Please note this event has been cancelled and will be held in 2023.
At Belvoir City Lounge, 2nd Floor Charles Wilson Building, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH on Wednesday 30 November from 10:00 – 16:00
Our guests include
- Georgianna Scurfield from the CATTLE MARKET project which explores the history of this 19th century Nottingham landmark.
- Sam Warren from 2FunkyArts, an organisation developing work around arts and music of black origin, who will talk about their new project, LEICESTER’S HIDDEN NIGHTLIFE.
- David Amos and Keith Murray from STEAMING BACK TO KIRKBY, who will talk about this community heritage project which explores the railways of Kirkby in Ashfield in Nottinghamshire.
- Dave Coppick a researcher from the University of Leicester, who will talk about WALKING AS PROTEST and campaigns including Right to Roam , anti-nuclear demonstrations and more recent Reclaim the Night marches.
- Pawlet Brookes MBE from Serendipity – Institute for Black Arts and Heritage, who will talk about their YOUNG ARCHIVISTS training programme.
- Dr Sally Horrocks from the University of Leicester, who will talk about a recent oral history initiative to collect COVID STORIES in Leicester.
As well as updates from the East Midlands Oral History Archive and it’s new project Sounds for the Future.